heart

heart

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Howie Good Within The Walls Of Jesus Signals To Us To Read The Brad Pitt Cookbook

Assemblage of Damaged Goods

1
There was sea.
There were rocks.
I used to fish.

All there are today
are 185 empty chairs.

Have you seen Betty?
She has disappeared.
She has big boobs.
They’re beautiful shapes.

2
I’m so lucky
I talk a lot.

Sex is also
a great form
of exercise.

And it doesn’t
require a lot
of knowledge.

3
Now I’m the one
behind the window.
The walls are covered
with pictures of Jesus.
This is being offered
as evidence. This is
supposed to be proof.

4
God, I was stupid.
But here's what I think about it now:
the earth protects, man destroys.






When Fake News Becomes Real

It’s important to test during the day whether or not you're dreaming. You probably won't look like the real you. Chances are you will be in somewhat of a panic. Check that the doors and windows of your house are locked. Start naming the things in the room. Is there a window where a painting is supposed to be? Remind yourself that you are not going crazy. Try to notice the cold, wet sensation. If you can't after fifteen minutes, just sit or stand there. Signal to somebody to help you as best you can.





A Loss of Faith Brings Vertigo


What kind of conclusions can you draw when you’re watching the sun go down? Or you’re watching the sea or the forest? They’re certainly things that keep me up late. I want to go totally nuts, shout “Fuck yeah!” But, of course, what happens? I begin to feel dizzy. There’s now a cookbook of everything Brad Pitt has eaten in a movie. The guy who runs the souvenir shop in the basement next to the bathrooms seems unimpressed. He pictures himself lying in the shade of beautiful trees. It’s a place I’d go as well if I just knew how to get there.


Howie Good's recent books include A Ghost Sings, a Door Opens from Another New Calligraphy and Robots vs. Kung Fu from AngelHouse Press. He co-edits White Knuckle Press with Dale Wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment